Thursday, May 10, 2012

Love Letter

Dear Baby-Longing Mama, 

I've been thinking about you, soul sister. 

It's May and almost Mother's Day and it feels like everywhere you go someone is holding a swaddled newborn in their arms. 

I know you would rather pretend it doesn't matter, but it's OK to let your heart break a little. It's OK to let yourself feel the brokenness of wanting something you're not sure you'll ever have. 

Nobody wants to dwell in what is difficult, but you can say this is hard. You can take a moment to sit in the sadness and the anger and not get stuck. 

The thing itself ~ the not having what you want ~ it doesn't define you. There's not a woman on earth whose life has turned out exactly as she imagined. 

While I don't know precisely what will happen, I really think everything is going to work out. I have to believe this suffering is making way for something beautiful. 

It's just hard to see it right now from our point of view. 

All my love,
C

PS: Nothing new in my neck of the woods.

5 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to see it right now, my love. I'm ready for my something beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, this applies to so many things in life. Thanks for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete