Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The joke's on me

I'm on Day 20 of this cycle, and I'm pretty sure I ovulated two days ago. My temperature spiked (just a little -- only .3 degrees) and then yesterday it crashed back down .4 degrees.

It all looks very familiar. So far I'm much calmer this cycle. In previous months I've been majorly frustrated as I watched my temperature see-saw up and down; a possible indication of a progesterone deficiency. It made me feel hopeless. This month I don't know why -- I just feel more hopeful. I know all hope is not lost. Anything is possible, even in a wonky cycle like mine.

Yesterday I started the 21-day vegan cleanse I mentioned last week, and I'm hoping that helps my body be a more welcoming host, not to mention that it should result in weight loss as well, which would help regulate my hormones.

And today I am officially insured! Now I can make that appointment with my OB and go get poked and prodded. This will be my first "fertility" check. Every other time I've been to an OB they say everything looks perfectly normal and I should be able to have kids just fine. Of course, a few of them encouraged me to do so sooner than later, and perhaps I should have heeded that advice. Not that it's any of their business when I decide to have children.

In the meantime, I'm at the beginning of the dreaded two-week wait. Staying hydrated and nourished, taking my supplements, going on walks. The cleanse keeps me off coffee and alcohol, which is an added bonus and something I should have been doing anyway, I suppose. 

Other than that, I'm just trying not to obsess about it. It's easier said than done, when everyone around you seems to be pregnant or carting around an infant. It's no fault of theirs -- it's just the universe playing a cosmic joke.

3 comments:

  1. i'm REALLY interested in what your OB is going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Vegan cleanse while on the TWW? You are a brave brave woman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to go get poked! I mean, by the doctor. If it is progesterone that is so easy to fix! Go, go, go!

    ReplyDelete