Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hope

I really want to write a proper post about the birth of my dear friends’ baby girl.

I want to tell you all about the miracle and surprise of the pregnancy and the wonderment, pain and beauty of their daughter’s arrival. (The first journey took 14 years of marriage, the second, roughly 36 hours of labor.)

I want to tell you about this little girl’s perfect heart lips and thick dark hair, about her dimple and how she was already blowing kisses to the camera.

I want to tell you about how her arrival instantly transformed a wife and husband into a mother and father.

I’m afraid I’ll never, ever give justice to this family’s amazing love story. I know for sure it’s not a story I can tell tonight. (Mostly because I just got home from baby girl’s birth and I’ve had less than 3 hours of “couch” sleep.)

For now, I just want you to know she exists. Her life is proof that miracles happen, prayers are answered, and nothing is impossible for God.

4 comments:

  1. Cue tears. Perfectly stated, sweets. I heart you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please tell them how wonderfully happy i am for them... and such beautiful words by a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy. What a wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete